No prior knowledge needed! All you need is a camera and printer.
Mary Ellen shows you the photography and printing tricks
she teaches in her popular workshops.
• Choose the best digital camera for your needs
• Become a better photographer – 21 tips
• Edit photos in 10 easy steps
• Buy the perfect printer for fabric printing
• Make do-it-yourself printable fabric sheets
• Set up your printer for printing on fabric
• Learn complete steps for printing
• Turn any photo into a kaleidoscope design
• Turn a small photo into a long strip
• Enlarge a small photo to quilt size
• Print long strips of text for borders
• Create unlimited color variations of any photo
• Make large text images
• Create a window-pane photo effect
• Make “poster” quilts
• “Stitching” photos into panoramas
• 10 complete quilt projects with patterns and instructions
• 13 computer TECHnique lessons
• Inspirational idea gallery
Softcover, sewn, full color
A beautiful new way to combine photography, printing and quiltmaking
Mary Ellen's "Must-Have" Book !
As a quiltmaker, teacher and author, Mary Ellen Kranz shares her knowledge of how to combine quilting, digital photography, and computer software with quiltmakers across the country. Her quilts appear in shows and galleries and reflect a broad range of quiltmaking skills and techniques.
Mary Ellen Kranz has sewn and quilted since childhood. She found her career path in computers but continued to pursue quiltmaking. Twenty five years of experience teaching computer technologies provided her with an understanding of how PCs, printers, scanners and digital cameras could blend together in the process of creating fiber art.
Mary Ellen’s classes provide an opportunity to try out these tools and the latest quilting software under the guidance of a creative and patient teacher. Mary Ellen has taught nationally and internationally at shops, guilds, regional quilting events and conferences including the AQS Quilt Shows in Paducah, Nashville, Cincinnati and Lancaster, Quilting by the Lake, the Houston International Quilt Festival, the North Carolina Quilt Symposium, Maine Quilts, Fiber College, Paul Smith’s/Adirondack Quilt Camp, Gulf States Quilt Seminar, Appalachian Quilting Party, Quilting in the Desert, Vermont Quilt Festival, and Adventures in Italy.
Mary Ellen was the featured guest of Alex Anderson’s Simply Quilts on HGTV. Her articles Joyful Image Quilts, Julia’s Quilt and Window Box have appeared in popular magazines. Mary Ellen and Cheryl Hayes are co-authors of Blending Photos with Fabric: A Beautiful New Way to Combine Photography, Printing, and Quiltmaking published by The Electric Quilt Company. Mary Ellen’s new book, Blending Photos with Fabric 2, published by The Electric Quilt Company, contains the very latest information and techniques about digital photography and printing geared especially to quiltmakers.
"The computer is just another tool for quiltmakers. It can help us get to our fabric and the sewing quicker and with better results."